American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. See benzoin.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of top coat or overcoat formerly worn by men.
- n. Gum benjamin. See benzoin.
- n. An essence made from benzoin.
- n. in Australian Pidgin-English, a married man: a husband.
- n. US, slang Alternative form of Benjamin: a US $100 bill.
- n. A balsamic resin from the bark of Styrax trees used in perfumes, incense, and medicine; benzoin resin.
- n. A type of tree which produces benzoin or has similar properties; specifically, Styrax benzoin, Lindera benzoin, or Ficus benjamina; a benjamin tree.
- n. UK, informal, dated A kind of upper coat for men.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. See benzoin.
- n. Colloq. Eng. A kind of upper coat for men.
- n. (Old Testament) the youngest and best-loved son of Jacob and Rachel and one of the twelve forebears of the tribes of Israel
- n. gum resin used especially in treating skin irritation
- From benzoin. (Wiktionary)
- Alteration (influenced by the name Benjamin) of benjoin, benzoin; see benzoin. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Either like what they did in benjamin button or like how they made gandalf look soo much taller in lord of the rings.”
“As far as medea benjamin is concerned she has blood on her hands.”
“The best part about this joke is that the Frenchman’s title is in English.benjamin morrisQuote”
“+ [Writ of a Orbiculaei] + Benjamin Netanyahu '/' Netynyahu, Benjamin '['""'] +' benjamin ':”
“It looks like the Music Gnome project is having a bit of a hard time distinguishing between all of the different artists with 'benjamin' in their names.”
“When Barney Frank's live-in manfriend ran a prostitution ring at Barney's DC home, should he have apologized to Obama? benjamin”
“He can be contacted via email at benjamin. j.abraham AT [that google mail thing] dot com”
“| Reply | Permalink benjamin, I thought I mentioned the denials pretty prominently. they are in the first paragraph. and incidentally, the embassy only said that they had not had any conversations with anyone about this -- the chicago office is a different office”
“He CREAMED on benjamin button, because it's inoffensive in every way, except that it omits racism from a movie set in the 30's, which I suspect suits Rex just fine (he already made himself clear on how he feels about Koreans).”
“Melanie should direct her attention to rearranging the Mongols 'empire or perhaps the natural rights of the Neanderthals. benjamin”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘benjamin’.
Words that are made up of three words, be it intended for the meaning, or coincidentally (as in "attendance").
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Naturally occurring gums and resins.
Looking for tweets for benjamin.