from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Composed of or based on two legislative chambers or branches: a bicameral legislature.
- adj. Medicine Composed of or having two chambers, as an abscess divided by a septum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having, or pertaining to, two separate legislative chambers or houses.
- adj. Having two cases: uppercase and lowercase.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of, or including, two chambers, or legislative branches.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Two-chambered; pertaining to or consisting of two chambers: as, a bicameral legislature.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. composed of two legislative bodies
- adj. consisting of two chambers
bi-1 + Latin camera, chamber; see chamber + -al1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From bi- + Latin camera ("chamber") + -al. (Wiktionary)