from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of dike1.
- n. Offensive Slang Used as a disparaging term for a lesbian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of dike.
- n. (slang) A toilet.
- n. a ditch.
- n. a valley.
- n. A lesbian, particularly one who appears macho or acts in a macho manner. This word has been reclaimed, by some, as politically empowering. (See usage notes.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See dike. The spelling dyke is restricted by some to the geological meaning.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A less proper spelling of dike.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (slang) offensive term for a lesbian who is noticeably masculine
- v. enclose with a dike
- n. a barrier constructed to contain the flow of water or to keep out the sea
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Variant of dike. (Wiktionary)