from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that is named after another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who is named after another or for whom another is named.
- n. A person with the same name as another.
- n. A ship or a building that is named after someone or something
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One that has the same name as another; especially, one called after, or named out of regard to, another.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is named after or for the sake of another; hence, one who has the same name as another.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person with the same name as another
From the phrase for the name's sake.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
name + sake. From the phrase "(one's) name's sake"; first recorded in the mid-seventeenth century. (Wiktionary)