from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The larva of a mosquito.
- n. One that wriggles or squirms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Anything that wriggles
- n. The larva of a mosquito
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, wriggles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which wriggles; specifically, one of the active larvæ, as of mosquitos, seen in stagnant water. Also wiggler.
- n. A person who practises wriggling methods; one who proceeds by sinuosity or trickery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. larva of a mosquito
- n. one who can't stay still (especially a child)
Sorry, no etymologies found.