from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A left-handed person, especially a left-handed baseball pitcher.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who is left-handed, especially in sports.
- n. A left-handed pitcher.
- n. A left-handed writer who, instead of mirroring right-handed writers, turn his or her hand upsidedown in order to put the writing implement in the same position as right-handed writers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Using the left hand in pitching; said of a pitcher.
- n. A pitcher who pitches with the left hand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a baseball pitcher who throws the ball with the left hand
- n. a person who uses the left hand with greater skill than the right
From the practice in baseball of arranging the diamond with the batter facing east to avoid the afternoon sun. A left-handed pitcher facing west would therefore have his pitching arm toward the south of the diamond.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)