from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of hurl; someone who hurls or throws.
- n. The pitcher.
- n. Someone who participates in the sport of hurling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who hurls, or plays at hurling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who hurls; especially, one who plays at hurling.
- n. One employed in carrying stones, peat, or other material on a wheelbarrow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (baseball) the person who does the pitching
Sorry, no etymologies found.