from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who throws.
- n. Something that throws.
- n. One who throws or twists silk; a throwster.
- n. One who shapes vessels on a throwing engine.
- n. A bowler who illegally throws the ball instead of bowling it.
- n. The pitcher.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who throws. Specifically: (a) One who throws or twists silk; a throwster. (b) One who shapes vessels on a throwing engine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which throws.
- n. A turner. See throw, n., 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who twists silk or rayon filaments into a thread or yarn
- n. someone who projects something (especially by a rapid motion of the arm)
- n. a craftsman who shapes pottery on a potter's wheel and bakes them it a kiln
Sorry, no etymologies found.
If they catch the ball, the thrower is out, and, in some leagues, the catcher's teammate comes back in the game.
As the head of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, he has a responsibility to help craft an acceptable plan that can pass Congress ... not just be a bomb thrower from the LEFT.
Although barely five-feet-five inches, Bucky is a superlative javelin thrower, weight-lifter and all-around athlete as well as a good-hearted, upstanding young man who wants nothing more than to inculcate decency in his charges.
To clarify: all one needs to make a flame-thrower is a can of hairspray and a cigarette lighter.
But when it comes to making a difference, and not just prancing around pretending to be wise, one good bomb-thrower is better than forty wimps.
Lemme guess … his flame thrower is his pipi del fuego.
Seriously, the election isn't about how you feel about some third-rate bomb-thrower from the sixties or how the ossified nitwits at Commentary feel about you. res ipsa loqui …
The shoe thrower is probably in some former Soviet block country being tortured right now!
He also was a conference champion javelin thrower and is a member of Florida A&M's athletic Hall of Fame.
There was a Greek javelin thrower who had suffered severe burns to his throwing hand and could no longer compete.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.