from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who throws.
- n. Something that throws.
- n. One who throws or twists silk; a throwster.
- n. One who shapes vessels on a throwing engine.
- n. A bowler who illegally throws the ball instead of bowling it.
- n. The pitcher.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who throws. Specifically: (a) One who throws or twists silk; a throwster. (b) One who shapes vessels on a throwing engine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which throws.
- n. A turner. See throw, n., 1.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who twists silk or rayon filaments into a thread or yarn
- n. someone who projects something (especially by a rapid motion of the arm)
- n. a craftsman who shapes pottery on a potter's wheel and bakes them it a kiln
Sorry, no etymologies found.