from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of Elizabeth I of England or her reign.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the reign of Queen Elizabeth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to Queen Elizabeth I. or her times, esp. to the architecture or literature of her reign.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Elizabeth (daughter of Henry VIII. and Anne Boleyn), Queen of England from 1558 to 1603, or to her times.
- n. One who lived during the Elizabethan period; especially a poet, or dramatist of that period.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to Elizabeth I of England or to the age in which she ruled as queen
- n. a person who lived during the reign of Elizabeth I
Elizabeth + -an (Wiktionary)