from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that selects: the frequency selector of a radio.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone or something which selects or chooses different options.
- n. this redundant sense?) (cricket) An administrator responsible for selecting which players will play for a side.
- n. A matching expression in a stylesheet determining which elements in the markup are affected by a style.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who selects.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who selects or chooses.
- n. In machinery, a device which separates and selects.
- n. An automatic switch used in telephone exchanges. See selector switch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who chooses or selects out
- n. a switch that is used to select among alternatives
select + -or (Wiktionary)