from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various mechanical devices that extract a component from others
- n. An apparatus that uses a solvent to remove soluble substances from a mixture
- n. A part of the bolt that removes a cartridge from the chamber
- n. a particular kind of bipartite graph
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, extracts.
- n. A forceps or instrument for extracting substances.
- n. A device for withdrawing a cartridge or spent cartridge shell from the chamber of the barrel.
- n. A centrifugal drying machine.
- n. A machine for clearing combs of honey; also, a device for rendering wax.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which extracts.
- n. A kitchen press for extracting the juices of meats in making meat extracts, beef-tea, etc.
- n. A machine with rollers through which skins are wrung to remove the surplus water after they have been soaked.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mechanism in a firearm that pulls an empty shell case out of the chamber and passes it to the ejector
- n. an apparatus that uses centrifugal force to separate particles from a suspension
- n. an instrument for extracting tight-fitting components
Sorry, no etymologies found.