from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who survives; one who endures through disaster or hardship.
- n. One who knew a specific decedent
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who survives or outlives another person, or any time, event, or thing.
- n. The longer liver of two joint tenants, or two persons having a joint interest in anything.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which survives after the death of another.
- n. In law, that one of two or more designated persons who lives the longest: usually of two joint tenants, or any two persons who have a joint interest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who outlives another
- n. one who lives through affliction
- n. an animal that survives in spite of adversity
Sorry, no etymologies found.