from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. To some extent or degree; rather.
- pro. Something: The news was somewhat of a surprise.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. To a limited extent or degree.
- pro. Something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. More or less; a certain quantity or degree; a part, more or less; something.
- n. A person or thing of importance; a somebody.
- adv. In some degree or measure; a little.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Something not specified.
- n. A measure or degree indeterminate; more or less; a little.
- n. A person or thing of importance.
- In some measure or degree; rather; a little.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. to a moderately sufficient extent or degree
- adv. to a small degree or extent
some + what (Wiktionary)