from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. To a small degree or extent; somewhat.
- adv. Slenderly; delicately: slightly built.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. Slenderly; delicately.
- adv. To a small extent or degree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a slight manner.
- adv. Slightingly; negligently.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a slight manner; slimly; slenderly; unsubstantially.
- To a slight degree; to some little extent; in some small measure: as, slightly scented wood; slightly wounded.
- With scant ceremony or respect; with little consideration; disparagingly; slightingly.
- Easily; thoughtlessly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. to a small degree or extent
- adv. in a slim or slender manner
slight + -ly (Wiktionary)