from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. In part or in some degree; not completely.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. in part, or to some degree, but not completely
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In part; in some measure of degree; not wholly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In part; in some part, measure, or degree; not wholly: very often repeated in stating particulars that make up a whole.
- An obsolete form of pertly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in part; in some degree; not wholly
part + -ly (Wiktionary)