from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A machine or an implement used for planting seeds.
- n. A machine or implement used to remove the seeds from fruit.
- n. One that seeds clouds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device used to plant seeds; a seed drill
- n. An implement used to remove the seeds from fruit etc.
- n. A person who seeds clouds in order to make it rain
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, sows or plants seed.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which sows or plants seeds; a seedplanting tool or machine; a seeding-machine or sower; a seed-drill.
- n. An apparatus for removing seeds from fruit: as, a raisin-seeder.
- n. A breeding or spawning fish; a seed-fish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a kitchen utensil that removes seeds from fruit
- n. a mechanical device that sows grass seed or grain evenly over the ground
- n. a person who seeds clouds
Sorry, no etymologies found.