American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A machine or an implement used for planting seeds.
- n. A machine or implement used to remove the seeds from fruit.
- n. One that seeds clouds.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which sows or plants seeds; a seedplanting tool or machine; a seeding-machine or sower; a seed-drill.
- n. An apparatus for removing seeds from fruit: as, a raisin-seeder.
- n. A breeding or spawning fish; a seed-fish.
- n. agriculture A device used to plant seeds; a seed drill
- n. An implement used to remove the seeds from fruit etc.
- n. A person who seeds clouds in order to make it rain
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. One who, or that which, sows or plants seed.
- n. a kitchen utensil that removes seeds from fruit
- n. a mechanical device that sows grass seed or grain evenly over the ground
- n. a person who seeds clouds
“One is a glossary of cookery terms (have you ever heard of “flummery”?), and the other is an illustrative listing of antique cooking implements (do you know what a “raisin seeder” looks like?)”
“The Asian Institute of Technology in Bangkok has developed a new tool called the jab-seeder, which is a low-cost, simple, easy-to-operate alternative for manual seeding of farms.”
“He does a lot of odd things with big words and little ones, as spelling 'cedar' 'seeder' -- at least the simplest way!”
“In the BitTorrent system, a seeder is a BitTorrent use who has downloaded all of one file and is now hosting it rather than simultaneously downloading chunks.”
“Blackstone Group, which long has backed hedge funds through its fund-of-funds business, is now raising a second, bigger "seeder" fund so it can dole out more money to proprietary traders and other investment pros spinning out of Wall Street to start hedge funds, say people close to the matter.”
“Another 'seeder' has the same computer name as mine in uTorrent?”
“Because the CypoPrint® inks are converted and made conductive in the electroplating stage, we refer to them as 'seeder' inks.”
“I'll give this a try, as I am an avid seeder on a couple retro gaming sites. cha0tic”
“I'm now waiting for the pirated download to get at least ONE seeder.”
“A nice re-seeder with the most vibrant magenta flowers in the entire garden.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘seeder’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
You may start on any key. You may repeat a character, or travel to an adjacent key on the keyboard. On my qwerty keyboard, I may follow s with w, e, d, x, z, a, or (repeating) s. (If you use az...
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Looking for tweets for seeder.