from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A constellation in the Northern Hemisphere containing the stars Castor and Pollux.
- noun The third sign of the zodiac in astrology.
- noun One who is born under this sign.
from The Century Dictionary.
- A zodiacal constellation, giving its name to a sign of the zodiac, lying east of Taurus, on the other side of the Milky Way.
- (jem′ i-ni, according to the older E. pronunciation of Latin; also, corruptly, jim′ i-ni). [Also written geminy, gemony, jiminy; in the phrase O Gemini, or simply Gemini, i.e., by the Twins, i. e., Castor and Pollux; in E. orig. as an imitation of classical use, to swear by Castor and Pollux being a favorite oath of the Romans.] A word used as a form of mild oath or interjection.
- [Also spelled
geminy, and sometimes used as a sing. noun.] A pair; specifically, a pair of eyes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun plural (Astron.) A constellation of the zodiac, containing the two bright stars
Castorand Pollux; also, the third sign of the zodiac, which the sun enters about May 20th.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- proper noun astronomy : A
constellationof the zodiacsupposedly shaped like a pair of twins. It contains the stars Castorand Pollux.
- proper noun astrology : The
zodiacsign for the twins, ruled by Mercury and covering May 22 - June 21 ( tropical astrology) or June 16 - July 15 ( sidereal astrology).
- noun Someone with a Gemini
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (astrology) a person who is born while the sun is in Gemini
- noun a zodiacal constellation in the northern hemisphere between Taurus and Cancer on the ecliptic
- noun the third sign of the zodiac; the sun is in this sign from about May 21 to June 20
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word Gemini.
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Have a tough week coming up, Gemini?
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): If you feel like you've been struggling to find the answer to a problem recently, Gemini, have no fear!
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): You may be feeling extra creative this week, Gemini, so put this talent to good use by writing a killer essay or perhaps creating a fabulous new cocktail.
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): You may have to tone it down a bit this weekend, Gemini, in order to spare others 'feelings, since they may be feeling more sensitive.
Mark has Mars in Gemini, which is somewhat different.
Claire describes Kate as a Gemini (in Western astrology — the study of the movements of celestial bodies, a Gemini is a person born under the third sign of the zodiac).
Gemini is pretty but looks jsut like a thousand other kids fantasy series nowadays.
Book Cover Smackdown! 'Mockingjay' vs. 'Mortal Coils (German)' vs. 'Clementine'
The main Gemini version was a two-seater, and it was about like a two-seat car.
ISS About to Have a Crew of Six With Soyuz-TMA 15 Launch - NASA Watch
Gemini is a frequent visitor to the tax department, being investigated or fined.
Wally Schirra never flew the "big" missions; he was never a star, but if it hadn't been for his work on Apollo and his rendezvous flight in Gemini 6A, the program would have suffered, and he lead the way for the rest of the missions.
100000202761447 commented on the word Gemini
Daily Horoscopes...The Herald Tribune,Yahoo Horoscopes.Its realted to astrology and astronomy.Its also my astrological sign.
September 20, 2010
Noticeboard commented on the word Gemini
May 19, 2011