from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The satellite of Uranus that is 12th in distance from the planet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A name for the city of Jerusalem.
- proper n. A male given name, also ascribed to spirits and angels in English literature.
- proper n. A female given name, used mainly since the 1980s.
- proper n. Name of the twelfth and brightest moon of the planet Uranus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A variety of the gazelle (Antilope dorcas, or Gazella, dorcas), found in Arabia and adjacent countries.
- A squirrel-like Australian marsupial, a species of Petaurus.
- A beautiful Brazilian toucan Ramphastos ariel).
- n. In the Cabala, a water spirit; in later folklore, a light and graceful spirit of the air.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. [lowercase] An altar. See etymology and quotation.
- n. The innermost of the satellites of Uranus, discovered by Lassell in 1851. It revolves about its primary in 2½ days.
- n. [lowercase] In ornithology, applied to sundry birds of buoyant airy flight: as, the ariel swallow, Chelidon ariel; the ariel petrel, Procellaria ariel; the ariel toucan, Rhamphastos ariel.
- n. In zoology, an Arabian gazel, Gazella dama.
Irish terrier as the Ariel is an Oregon-pine-planked schooner.
The boat, which they called the Ariel, was twenty-eight feet long and eight feet broad, and this with the assistance of a lad they learned to manage fairly well.
“Hello, I’m looking for Lia Kalayan,” I said, using the name Ariel had given me.
It is lightweight and offers amplitude in Ariel moves and speed.
As with the last couple of plays, we have an extended interruption of a musical nature - the pagan goddesses who appear to bless Ferdinand and Miranda, plus Ariel is using music as a weapon throughout the play.
The poems in Ariel mark a departure from her earlier work into a more personal arena of poetry.
That all said I predict that Ariel is going to be eliminated next week and it is going to come down to Tennille, Dave and Kevin and I think the final may actually include Tennille since I thinks he might actually be able to lead a kitchen better than she can cook.
Power will be mated through a conventional Sadev 6-speed sequential gearbox, although Ariel is exploring the possibility of a paddle shift option.
Ariel is post-apocalyptic, with samurai swords, hang gliders, and evil wizards.
Ariel is 16 when she marries the prince, which is legal in mostly southern states.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.