from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A young or diminutive sylph.
- adj. Relating to or resembling a sylph.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A young or little sylph.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A little sylph; a young or diminutive sylph.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A diminutive of sylph. Also spelled sylphide, and sometimes used adjectively.
French sylphide, from sylphe, sylph, from New Latin sylpha; see sylph.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
French sylphide. See sylph. (Wiktionary)