from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to or causing tears.
- n. A vase intended to hold tears, formerly used by archaeologists to designate certain urns found in Roman burials.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A “tear-bottle;” a narrow-necked vessel found in sepulchers of the ancient Romans; -- so called from a former notion that the tears of the deceased person's friends were collected in it. Called also lachrymal or lacrymal.
- adj. Relating to or inducing tears; -- especially of chemical substances.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or prompting tears
From Latin type *lacrimatorius, from lacrimare. (Wiktionary)