from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The king of the fairies and husband of Titania in medieval folklore.
- n. The satellite of Uranus that is 15th in distance from the planet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A fictional character in medieval and Renaissance literature, for example in William Shakespeare's play, "A Midsummer Night's Dream".
- proper n. The outermost major moon of Uranus.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. The king of the fairies, and husband of Titania or Queen Mab.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In medieval myth., the king of the fairies.
- n. A satellite of the planet Uranus.
French, from Old French Auberon, of Germanic origin; see albho- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)