from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Law One to whom a conveyance of title or property is made.
- n. One who is transferred.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who is transferred
- n. a person to whom title or ownership is conveyed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The person to whom a transfer in made.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The person to whom a transfer is made.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (law) someone to whom a title or property is conveyed
- n. someone who transfers or is transferred from one position to another
Sorry, no etymologies found.