from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A partition or distribution, especially of slaves.
- n. An assessment of taxes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A partition or distribution, especially of slaves; also, an assessment of taxes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A partition or division; also, an assessment or allotment.
- n. In Spanish America, the distribution of certain sections of the country, including the native inhabitants (as peons), made by the early conquerors among their comrades and followers.
Spanish, from repartir to divide. (Wiktionary)