from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The symbol for the element technetium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for technetium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A symbol proposed by Von Behring to designate a curative principle derived from the tubercle bacillus. This substance is taken up by the cells of the body and there transformed into an integral part of these cells: in this form it is termed TX.
- n. An abbreviation of tierce.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a crystalline metallic element not found in nature; occurs as one of the fission products of uranium
- n. a permanent council of the United Nations that commissions a country (or countries) to undertake the administration of a territory
Sorry, no etymologies found.