from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the Rh factor: an Rh antigen; the Rh blood group; Rh incompatibility.
- The symbol for the element rhodium.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Symbol for rhodium.
- The Rhesus factor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An initial sequence, originally an aspirated r, occurring in English, etc., in words of Greek origin.
- The chemical symbol of rhodium.
- n. An abbreviation of Royal Horse Artillery.
- n. An abbreviation of Royal Horse Guards.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several hormones produced in the hypothalamus and carried by a vein to the anterior pituitary gland where they stimulate the release of anterior pituitary hormones; each of these hormones causes the anterior pituitary to secrete a specific hormone
- n. a white hard metallic element that is one of the platinum group and is found in platinum ores; used in alloys with platinum
- n. a blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people; if an Rh-negative person receives a blood transfusion from an Rh-positive person it can result in hemolysis and anemia
Sorry, no etymologies found.