from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who pursues.
- n. The party who initiates a lawsuit; a plaintiff.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who pursues or chases; one who follows in haste, with a view to overtake.
- n. A plaintiff; a prosecutor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who pursues or follows; one who chases; one who follows in haste with a view to overtake.
- n. One who follows vindictively or with enmity; a persecutor.
- n. In Scots law, the plaintiff; the party who institutes and insists in an ordinary action.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who is pursuing and trying to overtake or capture
- n. a person who pursues some plan or goal
to pursue + -er (Wiktionary)