from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A worm with a conspicuously-coloured tail.
- n. An unwanted hanger-on.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A worm which has its tail conspicuously colored.
- n. A person who attaches himself to another against the will of the latter; a hanger-on.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A worm with a tail like a tag.
- n. A hanger-on; a parasite; a sycophant; a dependent.
tag + tail (Wiktionary)