from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who ventures; a traveller or explorer.
- n. One who undertakes a business venture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who ventures, or puts to hazard; an adventurer.
- n. A strumpet; a prostitute.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who ventures or adventures; one who risks life, property, etc.; one who causes risk; one who puts to hazard.
- n. A prostitute; a strumpet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who enjoys taking risks
- n. a merchant who undertakes a trading venture (especially a venture that sends goods overseas)
venture + -er (Wiktionary)