from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of apprehend; one who apprehends.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who apprehends.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who seizes or arrests.
- n. One who discerns or recognizes mentally.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who knows or apprehends
- n. a person who seizes or arrests (especially a person who seizes or arrests in the name of justice)
Sorry, no etymologies found.