from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A man who is physically powerful, especially one with well-developed muscles.
- n. Informal A strong man hired as a bodyguard or thug.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bodyguard.
- n. A man with developed muscles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a bully employed by a gangster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bully employed as a thug or bodyguard
- n. someone who does special exercises to develop a brawny musculature
Sorry, no etymologies found.