from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Dated form of purr (low murmuring sound as of a cat)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To utter a low, murmuring, continued sound, as a cat does when pleased.
- transitive v. To signify or express by purring.
- n. The low, murmuring sound made by a cat to express contentment or pleasure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See purr.
- n. A term of unknown meaning used in the game of post and pair.
- A Middle English form of pure.
- n. A simplified spelling of purr.
Sorry, no etymologies found.