from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The manager or owner of a restaurant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The owner of a restaurant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The keeper of an eathing house or a restaurant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The keeper of a restaurant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the proprietor of a restaurant
French, from restaurer, to restore; see restaurant.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowing from French restaurateur. (Wiktionary)