Did you perchance mean pinup?
- n. A photograph, printed in a magazine or other publication, of a sexually attractive person (often nude or provocatively dressed), and intended to be removed and pinned up on a wall.
- n. The person so depicted.
- n. figuratively figurehead, person who represents an idea, cause etc.
- n. a very pretty girl who works as a photographer's model
- From pin up, as such a photograph is often removed from the publication in which it is printed and pinned up on a wall. (Wiktionary)
“But if the term 'pin-up' refers to a flat photograph, then Hendricks is in 3-D.”
“If you can dream up a better backdrop for the first postwar movie of the second most lusted-after pin-up girl of the second world war, then go ahead, impress me, but I think Vidor – and his female writers and producer – had this one pretty well covered.”
“One was a Hollywood pin-up who had survived a poor, unhappy childhood to become a worldwide sex symbol married to playwright Arthur Miller.”
“I could care more about Calie if she looked a little less pin-up and a little more protective mother.”
“Even today, Bronzino's Allegory remains the gallery's most sexually explicit pin-up.”
“But in terms of mapping homosocialities, Yuskavage's fusing of the hetero-male and lesbian homosocial erotic iconographies gives her paintings the allure of women's empowerment derived from their seizure, repackaging, and recontextualization of the male pin-up and art history Fragonard, Boucher, Tolouse-Lautrec.”
“These confident, empowered beauties evoke burlesque and pin-up traditions.”
“Atomic Robo pin-up will knock your socks off (the hard way)”
“At Evil Buttons: Coraline pin-up by Adam Hughes; thank you gift from Laika to Wieden + Kennedy; Wybie cosplay.”
“Galen Marek in mandalorian armor and Imperial pin-up girl Juno Eclipse from upcoming Force Unleashed box sets.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘pin-up’.
Looking for tweets for pin-up.