from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various large semiaquatic saurischian dinosaurs of the suborder Sauropoda, of the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods.
- adj. Of or relating to the suborder Sauropoda.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of the Sauropoda suborder of dinosaurs
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the Sauropoda, or having their characters.
- n. A member of the Sauropoda.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. very large herbivorous dinosaur of the Jurassic and Cretaceous having a small head a long neck and tail and five-toed limbs; largest known land animal
From New Latin Sauropoda, suborder name : Greek sauros, lizard + New Latin -poda, -pod.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)