from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various large carnivorous saurischian dinosaurs of the suborder Theropoda of the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods, characterized by bipedal locomotion, large jaws, and short forelimbs.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any large, bipedal dinosaur, of the suborder Theropoda, from the Jurassic and Cretaceous periods.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having feet like those of (mammalian) beasts, as a dinosaur; of or pertaining to the Theropoda.
- n. A carnivorous dinosaur of the order Theropoda.
- n. Also theriopod, and (erroneously) therapod.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous carnivorous dinosaurs of the Triassic to Cretaceous with short forelimbs that walked or ran on strong hind legs
From New Latin Thēropoda, suborder name : Greek thēr, wild beast; + New Latin -poda, -pod.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)