from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that skids: a sports car that was a real skidder.
- n. One that makes use of a skid.
- n. A heavy, four-wheel tractor used to haul logs, especially over rugged terrain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of skid; one who skids.
- n. a vehicle for pulling trees out of a forest
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One that skids logs.
- n. An engine for hauling the cable used in skidding logs.
- n. The foreman of a construction gang making a skid road.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who skids, or uses a skid.
- n. A steam-engine, usually operating from a railroad-track, which skids logs by means of a cable.
- n. The foreman of a crew which constructs skid-roads.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tractor used to haul logs over rough terrain
- n. a person who slips or slides because of loss of traction
- n. a worker who uses a skid to move logs
Sorry, no etymologies found.