American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or an instance of cutting the hair.
- n. A style in which hair is cut.
- n. The act of cutting of the hair, often done professionally by a barber, hair stylist, or beautician.
- n. The way hair is cut.
- n. law In a bankruptcy proceeding, the proportional reduction in the debt that will be paid to each creditor, based on an evaluation of the total debt owed and the total assets of the debtor.
- n. the style in which hair has been cut
- n. the act of cutting the hair
- From hair + cut (Wiktionary)
“This is progress for a Continent that dared not to breathe the word haircut only months ago.”
“And, I have raised this before, but where oh where did the term 'haircut' come from?”
“Momentarily, he was tempted to ask Inti what he called his haircut, but on the off chance that the boatman might answer "Arthur, " as George Harrison had responded to the same question in A Hard Day's Night, he held his tongue.”
“Frank Churchill's quick excursion for a "haircut" is quite obviously beyond the limits of realistic constraint.”
“General Kagan has a short haircut, is fond of wearing suits, and has no family life of which she speaks publicly, for starters.”
“The haircut is a huge improvement and his body was ridiculous.”
“By the way, the 2nd picture of her new haircut is lovely.”
“The odd mortgage payment has bounced … the lack of haircut is the most annoying, though.”
“Christopher Whalen: The issue of a haircut is different from the paper work.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘haircut’.
A combined list of
1. EU Buzz - single words
2. EU Buzz - collocations
3. EU Buzz - the 100 most active
absorption capacity, absorption rate, acceding country, accession candidate, accession countries, accession country, accession criteria, accession cycle, accession negotia..., accession partner..., accession priorities, accession treaty and 2650 more...
Buzzwords of our time
1. Strictly EU terms with special European meaning used only in the EU
2. Keywords central to the understanding of the EU (people working for the EU are usually able to give thematic...
An extensive list I have been working on for quite some time. Feel free to add more of the kind if you miss any.
more stuff Ive collected
they put in 200 items and reckon
thats an update ,so what do
lexicographers do? Take long
lunches is my theory
have you ever felt, that no matter wh..., it just wasnt you, and that maybe if..., you could be you, but you know it w..., and so you tell y..., tell yourself tha..., but you just keep..., and being like we..., if only i had tha..., that shirt form f... and 43 more...
Words discovered while reading The New York Times, each with a citation from the paper.
all the words I included in this TED book.
Tip of the hat to Stephen, who always tells me "only one more switchback" as we go up the trail. Usually it is a lie, but it still works!
Looking for tweets for haircut.