from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that pouts.
- n. One of a breed of pigeons capable of distending the crop until the breast becomes puffed out.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who habitually pouts; a sourpuss
- n. A breed of pigeon that inflates its crop
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, pouts.
- n. A variety of the domestic pigeon remarkable for the extent to which it is able to dilate its throat and breast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which pouts. Specifically
- n. A long-legged breed of domestic pigeons, named from their characteristic habit of pouting, or puffing up the breast, sometimes to surprising size and almost globular shape.
- n. Same as pout .
- n. A sportsman whose game is poults or young grouse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone with a habitually sullen or gloomy expression
- n. one of a breed of pigeon that enlarge their crop until their breast is puffed out
Sorry, no etymologies found.