from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of parakeet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any one of numerous species of small parrots having a graduated tail, which is frequently very long; -- called also paroquet and paraquet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A parrot; especially, a small parrot; one of many different birds of the family Psittacidæ distinguished from macaws, cockatoos, lories, and certain parrots proper.
- n. A fish of the genus Crenilabrus; a parrotwrasse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous small slender long-tailed parrots
Sorry, no etymologies found.