American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A stupid person; a nitwit.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dunce; a dolt; a stupid fellow.
- n. pejorative A dunce, mentally dull or stupid person.
- n. pejorative A label for a person who refuses to learn or grow mentally.
- n. A traditional name for a fool who serves as the butt of jokes about stupidity.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. colloq. A dunce; a dolt; a stupid fellow.
- n. a stupid person; these words are used to express a low opinion of someone's intelligence
- From numb ("deadened") + skull. (Wiktionary)
- num (variant of numb) + skull. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“I looked up 'numskull' and it is an accepted spelling.”
“But if "numskull" is an imprecise description of the president, it is not altogether inaccurate.”
“What this country needs by a way of a president is a numskull like you.”
“The author cannot say: This is actually a brilliantly written passage and you, the reader, are just too much of a numskull to understand.”
“To sum up, only a numskull would claim Stadium 8 Movies owed me a refund if I decided to dink around at the park instead of showing up at the contracted time and place and watching the movie they played.”
“Not many young girls are going to relate to the large busted tiny waists and big sultry eyes of the princesses while being an undeveloped and confused child. while the guy who made this is a numskull and hasn't learned about photoshop yet its a valid point that LITTLE GIRLS (not you or I) are taking bad values away from those movies. alesia”
“In other words," the man said, finally realizing what a numskull he was talking to,”
“TURAN: "Clash of the Titans" is also burdened by a numskull plot notion.”
“Anyone who has not come to that conclusion as of yet is a brain dead numskull.”
“You numskull!" bawled Pencherjevsky, seizing him and thrusting him violently towards the back corridor.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘numskull’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
An extensive list I have been working on for quite some time. Feel free to add more of the kind if you miss any.
insults that roll trippingly off the tongue
Inspired by Peter Reading's "Euphemisms".
all words, no rice.
Looking for tweets for numskull.