from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stupid person; a blockhead.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone stupid.
- n. Any of several species of Australian songbirds of the genus Pachycephala.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thick-headed or stupid person.
- n. Any one of several species of Australian singing birds of the genus Pachycephala. The males of some of the species are bright-colored. Some of the species are popularly called thrushes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A stupid fellow; a blockhead; a numskull.
- n. In ornithology: A shrike-like bird of the subfamily Pachycephalinæ. See cut under Pachycephala.
- n. A scansorial barbet of the subfamily Capitoninæ. Coues. See cut under Capito.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Australian and southeastern Asian birds with a melodious whistling call
Flame throwers like "Young Gun" Eric Cantor, and the Tea Party thickhead Michelle Bachmann both want a seat of power in the House.
If anyone with expertise wants to post a comment clarifying this fermion matter and exposing me for the density-dysfunctional thickhead that I am, please do so.
How often do I have to explain to you, old thickhead?
(Collyriocincla harmonica) and the white-throated thickhead
I'm more or less of a thickhead when it comes to flossy finance; but I've seen enough plain flimflam games to know a few things.
It's doubtful if the thickhead will think to memorize what's on his copy, as
'Why, then, you thickhead,' says I, 'he must have left while you were talking with the prisoner; and since you heard him go, the odds are the prisoner heard him, too.'
'Ah, sure, you great thickhead of a boy! weren't you quick enough for her?'
If you weren't such a thickhead you might go to school and be taught how to behave yourself, and how a man ought to live; but it's no use sending _you_ to any such place.
'Mr. Carnaby, you're a great blundering thickhead -- if you care for my opinion of you.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.