American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Slang A stupid person.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A labroid fish, Semi-cossyphus or Pimelometopon pulcher, with 12 dorsal spines, continuous lateral line, scaly cheeks and opercles, and naked dorsal fin. The forehead of the male is extended into a fatty protuberance, and the sides of the body and the fins are often crimson or red. It abounds on the California coast, and is the principal fish used by the Chinese.
- n. A cyprinoid fish, the blackhead or black-headed minnow, Pimephales promelas, having a short, roundish, blackish head. It abounds in sluggish streams, and rarely reaches a length of 3 inches, but is familiar to many on account of its striking characters and its abundance.
- n. derogatory An idiot; a fool.
- n. zoology A cyprinoid fish of the Mississippi valley, Pimephales promelas, the black-headed minnow.
- n. zoology A labroid food fish of California; the redfish.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A cyprinoid fish of the Mississippi valley (Pimephales promelas); -- called also
- n. A labroid food fish of California; the redfish.
- n. a man who is a stupid incompetent fool
“The old fashioned term "fathead" describes Tom Watson to perfection.”
“And don't think I'm the kind of fathead who tries to fend off lightning with his fists, either.”
“As for Taft being a "fathead," his head was indeed as "fat" as his famously huge ass.”
“The B&W; mugshot on JAM comically appears to be horizontally stretched - I therefore propose Jack Marx be henceforth known as "fathead".”
“The EPA said it also needs to keep test organisms alive, such as fathead minnow and small crustaceans, during a government shutdown.”
“If the White House and Congress 'goal is a healthier nation, the path forward is incredibly obvious - only a fathead would see it otherwise.”
“Stabilizer resting with fathead abdomen of hog belly comes first — — — they want to live eternally”
“ The master of ceremonies held out his hand but Rosa only saw Pupilo Durcál, fathead extant and the pueblo mixed into the crowd laughing.”
“Fathead Customers over the past year have uploaded about 100,000 images to fathead.com for super-sizing into cut-out vinyl wall graphics.”
“Just look at the clowns posting this, outfitters and fathead real estate salesmen ... who all got rich from dumb drones like you reading this crap.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘fathead’.
Compound adjectives - based on the FAO ASFIS list of waterborne species.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
A list of compound derogatory names such as gapeseed, muckworm and lickspittle. Your one-word contributions to this list are welcome.
See sionnach's list derogatory terms I should use ...
An extensive list I have been working on for quite some time. Feel free to add more of the kind if you miss any.
I figured out the thing all these terms have in common, besides that they can be used as insults. They all crack me up.
A sort of stuffie of words/phrases that include "head"
head of cattle, out of one's head, head of the stairs, come to a head, head of steam, head of the page, win by a head, head taller, headway, fountainhead, heads or tails, hit the nail on t... and 143 more...
I don't know why (maybe it's their sounds?), but these words make me laugh.
Words that you can use to insult people. The best was when I called my (then) bf a crumb bum (I was kidding!) and he was genuinely insulted! How the hell anyone could take that seriously, I do not ...
Ways to say someone is stupid, inept, etc. (nouns)
Looking for tweets for fathead.