from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Used as a courtesy title for an unmarried woman in an Italian-speaking area, equivalent to Miss.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A courtesy title for an unmarried woman of Italian origin
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Miss; -- a title of address among the Italians.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An Italian title of respect for a young woman, equivalent to Miss in English, Mademoiselle in French, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an Italian title or form of address for an unmarried woman
- n. an Italian courtesy title for an unmarried woman; equivalent to `Miss', it is either used alone or before a name
Italian, diminutive of signora, signora; see signora.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)