from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having eight plane surfaces.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having eight plane surfaces; thus, in the shape or form of an octahedron.
- adj. Of, or pertaining to octahedra.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having eight faces or sides; of, pertaining to, or formed in, octahedrons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having eight equal surfaces or faces.
octa- + -hedral (Wiktionary)