from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of psychology that studies pleasant and unpleasant sensations and states of mind.
- n. Philosophy The branch of ethics that deals with the relation of pleasure to duty.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ethical study of pleasure
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That branch of moral philosophy which treats of the relation of duty to pleasure; the science of practical, positive enjoyment or pleasure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of ethics which treats of the doctrine of pleasure; the science of active or positive pleasure or enjoyment.
Sorry, no etymologies found.