from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or thing that lies, in the sense of being horizontal.
- n. Common misspelling of liar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who lies down; one who rests or remains, as in concealment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who lies down; one who rests or remains.
- n. An obsolete spelling of liar.
- n. Same as leer.
From Middle English lier, equivalent to lie + -er. Compare ligger, lidger, ledger. (Wiktionary)