from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The replacement of a voice part in a film, particularly with a translation.
- n. The transfer of recorded music from one medium to another.
- n. Alternative spelling of dubbin.
- v. Present participle of dub.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of dubbing, as a knight, etc.
- n. The act of rubbing, smoothing, or dressing; a dressing off smooth with an adz.
- n. A dressing of flour and water used by weavers; a mixture of oil and tallow for dressing leather; daubing.
- n. The body substance of an angler's fly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of making a knight; the accolade.
- n. Dress; ornament; trappings.
- n. The act of striking, cutting, rubbing, or dressing, so as to make smooth or otherwise adapted to a purpose.
- n. Hence A preparation of grease for use in currying leather.
- n. The materials used for making the body of a fishing-fly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a new soundtrack that is added to a film
Sorry, no etymologies found.