from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In the manner of a ruffian.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a ruffian; bold in crimes; characteristic of a ruffian; violent; brutal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the character of a ruffian; bold in crime; brutal; violent; rough.
- Characteristic of or befitting a ruffian
- Villainous; depraved: as, ruffianly conduct; ruffianly crimes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. violent and lawless
ruffian + -ly (Wiktionary)