from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Raging; frenzied: "the hot rampageous horses of my will” ( W.H. Auden).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Violent and boisterous; unruly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Characterized by violence and passion; unruly; rampant.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of a ramping character; behaving rampantly; unruly; raging; boisterous; stormy.
- Hence Glaring or “loud” in style or taste; “stunning.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. displaying raging violence; often destructive
From rampage + -ous. Originally Scottish. (Wiktionary)