from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of calve.
- n. The act of giving birth to a calf
- n. The breaking away of a mass of ice from an iceberg, glacier etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of bringing forth a calf: said of cows, whales, and seals.
- n. The separation of masses of ice from a glacier from time to time as it extends itself into the sea, giving rise to icebergs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. giving birth to a calf
Sorry, no etymologies found.